Area of expertise
Freelancers and healing professions
Freelancers are subject to different rules than business owners where tax law is concerned. Freelancers do not have to pay trade tax and can use more straightforward methods for determining their profits. The goal here is to retain freelance status for all income and to avoid "infection" from trade income. We will be at your side every step of the way from the founding of your start-up up to the final tax assessment and ensure clear and straightforward bookkeeping, as well as the fulfilment of all your tax obligations.
Special expertise is required for those in healthcare professions. We offer you a customized account system for doctors, dentists, pharmacists and care professions that points out all important information to you regarding your financial and income situation, and to monitor the requirements for VAT exemption in accordance with § 4 No. 14 UStG (Turnover Tax Act) and the exemption from trade tax. We have experience in consulting for sole practitioners, group practices, and joint practices, as well as in the founding, expansion, and splitting up of practices.
Above all, our range of services includes the following:
- Start-up consulting
- Financial accounting, payroll accounting, annual financial statements
- Profit determination in accordance with § 4 Para. 3 of the Income Tax Act (Einkommensteuergesetz)
- Compilation of dissolution balance sheets
- Compilation of income tax returns
- Compilation of declarations for the separate and combined identification of tax bases for income taxation
- Compilation of VAT returns
- Review of tax statements
- Conducting out-of-court legal appeals
- Legal action in financial courts and the Federal Fiscal Court (BFH)
- Consulting on all issues related to income tax, VAT, and trade tax